Storms cause water damage in Platteville Wi
This Platteville Wisconsin bookstore suffered a water damage when heavy rain storms flooded parts of the area. They called SERVPRO of Madison South and West to handle the mitigation to get them back in business as soon as possible.
Restoring storm- and flood-damaged properties is the cornerstone of our business. Our highly trained professionals use specialized equipment and advanced training to quickly restore your property to pre-storm condition. We’re dedicated to responding immediately, which helps to minimize secondary damage.
SERVPRO of Madison South & West is locally owned and operated, so we are part of this community too. When you have a flooding or storm emergency, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
If you have Storm Damage, Call Us Today (608) 221-1818
Heavy Rain causes water damage in office
This office in Platteville Wisconsin suffer a water damage when several days of heavy rain flooded the area around the building. They called SERVPRO of Madison South and West to handle the mitigation.
Storms and inclement weather can be devastating to any business. Wind damage, heavy rain, and flooding can occur suddenly and cause substantial damage in a matter of minutes. There’s never a convenient time for flooding or storm damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give SERVPRO of Madison South and West a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (608) 221-1818
Heavy Rain causes Water Damage to this business
Heavy rainstorms caused several water damages to homes and businesses in Platteville Wisconsin. This business called SERVPRO of Madison South and West when they needed help fast to minimize the time that their business was not in service.
SERVPRO of Madison South & West will respond immediately to the storm or flood event affecting your commercial property, regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
We are proud to be a part of our community and strive to provide the residents and business owners in our area the fastest response times and our best work each and every day.
Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (608) 221-1818
When a Storm hits, We've got you covered!
SERVPRO of Madison South & West specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When a storm hits your community, SERVPRO of Madison South & West can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (608)221-1818
What to do during a Tornado
Every year, all over the country, catastrophic natural disasters wreak havoc on communities large and small.
Whether its a tornado, flooding, or hail damage the effects of these colossal events can be felt across the nation.
In the midst of the chaos and stress caused by these happenings, it is easy for business and home owners to feel overwhelmed and lost.
SERVPRO of Madison South & West strive to put our customers at ease, guiding them and supporting them through the STORM emergency process while providing education and knowledge on how to best navigate the situation.
What Is the Difference between a Tornado Watch and a Tornado Warning?
- A tornado watch means tornadoes are possible in the area. You should review your emergency plan, check supplies and be ready to act quickly if a tornado does approach.
- A tornado warning means a tornado has been visually sighted or indicated by weather radar and you should act immediately. Be sure to have a battery-powered weather radio available to monitor potential tornado activity.
What Are the Signs of a Tornado?
Some of the potential indicators of tornadoes may include:
- A strong, persistent rotation in the cloud base and/or whirling dust or debris on the ground under a cloud base.
- Hail or heavy rain followed by either a dead calm or a fast, intense wind shift.
- A loud continuous roar or rumble that does not fade in a few seconds, like thunder does.
What Should I Do if I Learn a Tornado Is Approaching?
- If you are in a house, go to the lowest level, such as a basement or a storm cellar.
- If there is no basement, go to an interior room such as a closet, hallway or bathroom.
- Try to cover your head with a blanket or jacket to guard against flying debris or broken glass. If you are in a mobile home, you should leave immediately and seek shelter elsewhere.
- If you are outside and cannot get to shelter, crouch beside a strong structure or lie flat in a ditch or low-lying area and try to cover your head and neck.
- Get as far away from trees and cars as you can.
What if I Am in a Car and I Learn a Tornado Is Approaching?
- Try to locate a sturdy building in which you can immediately seek shelter. If that isn’t possible, you have two options:
- Stay in the car with the seat belt on, putting your head down below the windows and covering it with your hands and a blanket if you have one.
- If you can safely get lower than the level of the roadway, exit your car and lie in that area, covering your head with your hands.
In the event that your home or business is involved in a STORM, you can rely on SERVPRO of Madison South & West (608) 221-1818 to turn a stressful situation into a manageable, professional experience.
Storms cause Commercial Property to flood
Storms with heavy rain caused this commercial property to flood when their sub pump failed to pump the water out. They called SERVPROof Madison South & West to handle the mitigation.
SERVPRO of Madison South & West can determine the scope of your water damage at this stage. We will inspect and test to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration. With the help of SERVPRO of Madison South & West thermal camera technology, our crew are able to detect harder-to-find water damaged areas.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Water Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Water Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Water Inspection, Extraction, and Drying Equipment
If you have water in you home or commercial property, call us today at 608-221-1818.
Belleville home experiences kitchen fire
This Belleville Wisconsin home experienced a kitchen fire when a grease fire started on the stove. The owner used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire but smoke and soot still traveled throughout the house. They called SERVPRO of Madison South and West to handle the fire and odor clean up.
When your home or business suffers fire damage, it can be especially devastating. In addition to the fire and smoke damage, your property may have substantial water damage from firefighting efforts. You may feel stressed and confused after such a disaster, and you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Madison South & West has the specialized fire and water damage equipment and expertise to help you through this tough time.
We’ll treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818
Preventing Commercial Water Damage During Construction
As a new business owner, the last thing you want is water damage during the construction of your business. However, it can happen if the proper procedures are not followed. This article from "The Hartford Insurance" explains what can happen:
Common causes of water damage during construction include:
• Improper installation of weatherproofing, waterproofing and moisture barrier systems on the exterior skin of a building
• Poorly glued connections on plastic pipes or improperly sweated copper pipe connections
Supervisors should ensure that all weatherproofing/ waterproofing installations adhere to the building plans, manufacturers’ specifications, industry standards, and all relevant building codes. The WDPP (Water Damage Protection Plan) should include a quality control plan for plumbing connections and fittings such as marking each connection with a permanent marker. The plan should also include the fire sprinkler system. Worksite inspections should verify that:
• Water accumulations from rain and groundwater are not migrating into the building
• All door and window openings are covered at the end of each work shift and prior to inclement weather
• Water lines and mechanical equipment are protected from freezing
• Sprinkler or plumbing lines that are pressure tested with water are drained immediately following the test
• Standpipe valves are closed
• Roof drains are not blocked with leaves or debris
• Sink drains are not clogged
• Storage areas are dry and well ventilated
• Materials are raised off the floor by pallets for storage Controls
The WDPP (Water Detection Protection Plan) often outlines preventative measures to minimize the risk of water damage such as an administrative policy to shut off the domestic water supply during off-hours. Supervisory personnel should verify that no trades will be working during off-hours before shutting off the water supply. In addition, they must ensure that the domestic water line doesn’t provide water to any operating mechanical system that requires a constant water source. Other preventative procedures include:
• Providing a secondary power source (i.e. generator) when using sump pumps or other water pumping systems
• Testing sprinkler and plumbing systems with air pressure to identify system leaks before charging with water
• Sealing leading edges of roofing materials at the end of each day to prevent storm water from getting under an incomplete roofing membrane
• Providing heat during the winter in buildings with charged water lines or standpipes to protect from freezing
• Leaving a gap of at least 1/2” between the drywall and the floor to minimize water contact in the event floors become wet
Many leak detection systems are available to help prevent water damage. Many commercial water flow detection systems are completely non-intrusive (no cutting of pipe to install) and easy to program. Passive leak detectors monitor water flow and sound an alarm (local or connected to a centrally monitored system) when water starts to flow and the system is armed during off hours. Active leak detectors not only generate an alarm, but can also prevent water leaks by automatically shutting off the water supply. The WDPP can list the leak detection systems used on-site, identify supervisory personnel responsible for their use, and refer to the operating guidelines for each system.
Leaking pipe causes damage to ceiling
This Stoughton Wi business called SERVPRO of Madison South & West when they noticed their ceiling plaster starting to bulge. This caused concern for the owners in fear of the ceiling falling down on customers or staff. After further investigation, our SERVPRO professionals found that the water pipe from the apartment above has been slowly leaking onto the ceiling of the business below. SERVPRO of Madison South & West was not only able to restore the ceiling, but also mitigate the water damage in the apartment above.
SERVPRO of Madison South & West has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
Water Damage or Flooding? Call Us Today (608) 221-1818
Electrical fire started in ceiling
This apartment caught on fire when some electrical wires in the ceiling malfunctioned. This apartment and a few of the surrounding ones suffered fire, smoke and water damage. They called SERVPRO of Madison South and West to handle this mitigation.
When fire and water damage strikes, a fast response is critical. We’re dedicated to responding immediately, day or night, to your Madison home or business. A faster response helps to prevent secondary damage and to reduce cost.
There is no substitute for training and experience. As fire and water damage specialists, our business is built upon fire and water restoration expertise. We have the knowledge and the specialized equipment to get your property back to pre-fire condition.
We clean and restore your property using specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. Our “restore first” mentality reduces interruption and gets you back to your life.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818